Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lucy's Blog & The Bed Burglar

I love Lucy Abrams blog.  Her cards are gorgeous and her photos and presentation are always so perfect.  I aspire to match her photography skills!  :)  Lucy's been running sketch challenges this week and so far I've only managed to make a card for her first sketch but the other sketches are sitting on my desk waiting for their moment in the sun.  
Supplies: Card Blank: Cardblanks.com; Paper: Paperbilities kraft, watercolour paper; Stamp: Autumn Leaves swirl; Ink: ColorBox Violet; Other: Glossy Accents, watercolour paint, computer generated sentiment
I hand stitched the edges as I don't have a sewing machine.  Took a little time but I like how it came out so it was worth it.  For the hearts I painted a pink wash on watercolour paper, stamped the swirls in violet and then cut out the hearts and covered them in Glossy Accents.


I also wanted to show you my cheeky youngest "child".  Jem is about a year old and is a complete imp.  Every morning Luis and I make our bed.  After Jem has his breakfast he sneaks into our bedroom and pulls the covers down to make a little nest for himself!  I guess we should just quit making the bed and make his life easier!  LOL!


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your hand stitching is amazing! And your dog cracks me up!

Janelle said...

Cute tumbling hearts and perfect sentiment. And your dog? So funny. They have their ways, don't they?

Sherry Eckblad said...

I love her sketches too and this card is fabulous. Great photos of your dogs too.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your card, Jen! The rotating hearts take the eyes right across to the sentiment. Perfect. Jem is way too cute!

Karen B. said...

Hey, that looks like my house with a dog on a bed like that! Fantastic card by the way, love the stitching!