Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blue Without You

This week's Picture Perfect Creations colour pallette is blues and greens and I immediately thought of feeling blue.  I pulled out my favourite Hero Arts birdies and came up with this:
Supplies:  CS: SU & Bazzill; Stamps: Hero Arts & Lawn Fawn; Inks: SU Pear Pizzazz and Not Quite Navy
I did some paper piecing with the challenge colours and added HA's envelope pattern for some texture on the bird's chest.  It's based roughly on one of this month's sketches at Hero Arts and is also masculine (in my opinion!) so I'm going to enter it over at Hero Arts as well.  

Now back to the Craft Cave where I hope to complete a few more projects this afternoon. Have a lovely one!

12 comments:

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

oh this is too cute! I just love everything about it. Thanks so much for playing along with PPC this week :-)

susanne said...

I love this card, it's so sweet!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun bird! Love this, very cute!

Lynn said...

Adorable!!!

Karen B. said...

He makes me smile.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Awesome card! Love the sentiment with the bird. Thanks for the sweet comment on my Flickr card today. :)

Linda Anderson said...

Masculine indeed and definitely adorable! Thanks for joining us at PPC.

Linda

Emily Leiphart said...

Squee!! You must let me know what Hero Arts set this is because I LOVE it! You enabler, you!

Michele said...

What a fun card! Great way to use our colors this week! Thanks for joining us at PPC!!

kasia c. said...

Aack! this is adorable! I forgot how much I love this bird.
I love how you played off the sentiment with the blue bird, so so cute. :)

Lesley said...

I love this card! You did a great job using the colours and the sentiment and birdie made me smile...
Thanks for joining the PPC!
Smiles,
Lesley

Lori Turner said...

Oh, this card is super dooper cute! Thanks for playing with us at PPC this week :)