Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Embellished Friends

Back in the beginning of July I was so proud of myself for finally jumping in and playing along with an Embellish challenge.  And then I haven't played again since!  Time to rectify that situation so I'm joining in with this week's Colouring challenge.  I thought this flowery Hero Arts stamp was perfect for the colours and (surprise surprise) it's the first time it's seen ink.  I decided to do something a little different with my sentiment instead of my usual (just mounting it on Pop Dots and calling it a day).  I took inspiration from all the canopies that are around in the summer.  I've also seen several houses where people have taken actual boat sails and strung them up to provide shade.  So I strung my sentiment on some green Twinery twine (a birthday gift from Emily) and anchored them around the corner flowers which I popped up.  I even went old school and busted out some eyelets for the corners.  And not just any eyelets - pink eyelets!  Yes, I own eyelets in every colour of the rainbow.  Don't judge me.  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (Green) Bazzill, (Cream) Craft supply
Stamps: (Flower background) Hero Arts, (Seniment) Lawn Fawn
Ink: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder: (Clear) Ranger
Die: (Nestabilities Labels Three) Spellbinders
Copics: Y08, G14, R85
Gems: (Dark pink) Doodlebug, (Light pink) Basic Grey
Twine: Twinery
Eyelets: Making Memories
Tools: (Die cutting machine) Cuttlebug, (Eyelet setter) Crop-a-Dile, (Heat gun) EK Success 

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jen!

Karen B. said...

I totally get the canopy idea and think it is really neat. Great stamping.

Sylvia said...

Hi Jen, Your card is lovely! I really like the sentiment! So nice of you to stop by my blog! Always enjoy your cards. Have a great Thursday!

Sudha said...

Beautiful creation dear.

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Jen! Love how you have used the colour inspiration and that sentiment is totally fab!

Jenny said...

Love the idea of a canopy for the sentiment and the flowery background is so pretty. I have alot of eyelets too but never seem to use them!!!
Jenny x

Jocelyn Olson said...

This is so cool! It definitely reminds me of a canopy! The flower bg is great, and I LOVE how you have the twine anchors. Super fun!!

kasia c. said...

Jen, this is sooo pretty! I love what you did with that panel. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love how you used the twine and eyelets! Now if only I had an eyelet maker and some eyelets. That's next on my list of things to get. ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Pretty, perky flowers, Jen! Love what you did with the anchored flowers/twine. That's cool!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Love the use of colors! So pretty. Thanks for participating in the challenge!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love this! Super Sweet! Hugs xxaxx