Sunday, November 20, 2011

Harvest Berry Thank You

***This is my 2nd post of the day.  Please click here for my Tuesday Trigger/4 Crafty Chicks post!***

The solar lights are set up (way easier than I expected), the dogs are swum and dinner is on the stove!  Luis is feeding the hounds while I type this up and then they are sure to conk out.  Tired dogs = peaceful evening.  :)  
The card is my entry for The Colour Throwdown.  I got the Harvest Berries stamps and dies in my last PTI order and am finally putting them to use after seeing them everywhere.  They really are pretty versatile.  Hoe you all had a lovely weekend!
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Cream) Pacon, (Basic Grey, So Saffron) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Leaves from Harvest Berries, Label and sentiment from Mat Stack 1 Collection) PTI
Ink:  (Basic Grey, Riding Hood Red, So Saffron) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Harvest Berries, Mat Stack 1) PTI    

20 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a striking card..love it!!!

Brandi said...

Beautiful! Love the pop of red!

Lindsey said...

In our house, sleeping cat = peaceful evening, so I hear you! I really like how you've pulled part of the ginkgo (?) die forward over the label; such a dramatic look!

Anonymous said...

OOOooohhh, those Harvest Berries are gorgeous! such a beautifully put together card Jen! LOVE that red label!

Nance Leedy said...

FAB-u-lous card Jen! Love the way you've used the colors and the Harvest Berries wrapped around the sentiment are gorgeous! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Took one look at this colour challenge and ran for the hills! But ... you have done an amazing job with it! Hugs xx

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

love how this card seems timeless ... love the little watermark style behind the sentiment

Lynn said...

I'm trying really hard not to order the harvest berry set...but you're not helping :) This card is a beauty!

Jenny said...

I love the simplicity Jen, those leaves are the perfect addition to highlight that gorgeous sentiment panel...I should have ordered that set!!
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous and very elegant. beautiful card. You are right, tired hounds make for a peaceful evening. Ha. Hope you enjoyed.

Keva said...

Wow..yes, I love this card! It's so clean in design and the colors look perfect here! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Emily Leiphart said...

Just gorgeous! What a great way to use those leaves.

Courtney K said...

love what you did with this color combo!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Tired dogs are a wonderful thing :) I love the way you've used the colours - a gorgeous & elegant card!

Christina said...

These leaves look so pretty tucked behind the Mat Stack label. Love the watermarked image you added behind the sentiment too!

Kim S said...

Is there anything you don't win??!! Congrats on Color Throwdown! No wonder I have so many of your cards in my files to CASE.

Jen Mitchell said...

Congrats on the Color Throwdown pick! It's no wonder Keva picked your card. It's so elegant!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love the way you've framed that red in the middle with the saffron leaves, this is very elegant, I love it! :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Congrats on the Color Throwdown! I love the bold design of this card!

Lydia Fiedler said...

Oh my - beautiful throwdown card!! I'm glad you mentioned the dies - I was in awe of your fussy cutting skills!!! :)