Monday, January 20, 2014

Layered Bloom


Hello to a new week! I'm playing along with another new (to me) challenge today. I've always been a fan of colour challenges and when I saw the graphic for Colour Me…! on a few blogs I decided to check it out.  The soft colour palette made me think of flowers so I pulled out these Paper Smooches flower and leaf dies.  I love the vellum leaves Deepti used here and wanted to try something similar.  The sentiment is by Hero Arts and that and the dies are all NBUS!  I'm also going to enter this card in the PS Sparks Anything Goes challenge.  Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pink Pirouette, So Saffron, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Vellum:  (Yellow) Strathmore
Stamp:  (Sentiment from Hip Hip Hooray) Hero Arts
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Big Bloom, Loopy Leaf) Paper Smooches
Punches:  (1/16", 1/8", 1/4" hole punches) McGill, (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Marker:  (Pink Pirouette) Stampin' Up
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...gorgeous Jen!

Chris Dring said...

Holy moly! Your card is absolutely stunning! Love it!

Shelly said...

Such a pretty card! Love your layered flower! :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow - that layered flower is just stunning! I love the yellow centre as well. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week.

Deepti said...

I love the multi layered flower with alternating colors :)

Tenia Nelson said...

SO SO SO GORGEOUS!!!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, you are amazing at like EVERY challenge you enter! (What's it like to be you? It must be really cool!) I love the PS dies and pretty flower...so pretty!

lostinpaper said...

ooh, what a fabulous flower, I just love this colour combo!

Joyce said...

So very pretty, Jen.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love those leaves! What a fab idea to use vellum for some of them. And seriously, can I borrow some of your colour mojo???

cm said...

WOW, WOW and WOW, Jen - fabulous x awesome card! Love the blooms, the loopy leaves, the colours...perfect for the challenges, and perfect for delighting and dazzling your admirers!
c

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, Jen. It would never cross my mind to use grey in a flower, but here it is gorgeous! I think it will now cross my mind. ;)

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL! LOVE your card!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Sparks! Hugs, Karin