Friday, March 14, 2014

Old As A Penny-Farthing



Therese Calvird has given us a super fun card to be inspired by over at the Muse challenge. How cute is that bike colored onto the Sticky Barc? It inspired me to pull out some birch wood veneer paper I got from Simon Says and haven't used yet. I thought the cheeky sentiment went perfectly with the old penny-farthing cycle and so am going to play along at the Naughty or Nice birthday challenge.  And because the cycle is a from a Hero Arts set I'm going to enter this in the Hero Arts Birthday Challenge in the Anything Goes category!  Whoop whoop for the triple threat card!  :)



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Real Red, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Specialty Paper:  (Birch Wood Veneer Paper) Simon Says Stamp
Stamps:  (Penny-farting from Joy Ride) Hero Arts, (Happy birthday from Birthday Bash Sentiments) Papertrey Ink, (You Are Old from Feb '12 KOM - Lucky To Have You) Unity Stamp Company
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Tag Sale #5, Double-Ended Banners) Papertrey Ink
Gems:  (Ladybug assortment) Doodlebug
Twine:  Darice

13 comments:

Lynn said...

I love how the bike looks like it is going to ride right off the tag...perfect stamping!

Deepti said...

I love the colors n the layout :) ur bike is one that I would Love to try on

Bobby said...

Your card is seriously cute and funny, Jen. Then sentiment and stamp are just perfect together.

Judy1223 said...

Man, I can think of so many people I would LOVE to send this card to...my four siblings for a start! LOVE this, and you know I love your sense of humor. Awesomeness.

Darnell said...

Love, love, love it, Jen!! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce said...

I love this. Especially the sentiment. And, it goes perfectly with that retro bike image.

Ardyth said...

LOVE! You have a wicked sense of humour and the right stamps to go with it! lol! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

Lindsey said...

Love this, Jen! The pops of red really make the card for me. :)

landerson213 said...

LOL! So cute! Love that you used a "wooden" tag, so adorable! :)

Lauren

lostinpaper said...

Gotta say I laughed out loud at your fab sentiment banner Jen. What a fun card!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a fabulous card, Jen! I love the retro bike and your really fun sentiment! Thanks for making me smile!

Nance said...

I love that tag, Jen! You always have such inspiring work! <3

Chrissy Larson said...

This literally made me LOL! LOVE IT!