Tuesday, April 8, 2014

CASology #90


Welcome to Week 90 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I had a few failed efforts at cards for this week's cue word.  There was an attempt at watercolouring that went very badly ending with me and a lap soaked with colorful water!  So, in the end, I took a less messy route and used this Lil' Inkers die to create some waves and accompanied them with a punny sentiment.  I used orange for the sentiment as it's a complimentary colour to blue and it really pops.  Since I used 3 of the die cuts I'm also going to join in with the Paper Players Three Spree challenge.  And now it's your turn!  Check out the gorgeous DT designs and then get to work!




And this week's guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Wicked Nauticool) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (Tangerine Tango) Stampin' Up
Die:  Lil' Inker Designs
Gems:  Recollections

23 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love your ocean - the various colours of blue work really well! I also like the scalloped edge - wait until you see my next Card Concept inspiration!

Julia Aston said...

Love your ocean waves Jen - with the beautiful blues - and the scalloped edge left on the bottom!

Meghan said...

Where do I start with this card? It is amazing all the way from the shaped base to those perfectly placed rhinestones! Love it!

Joyce said...

This is fabulous. I love how you used that die (one of my favorites), especially at the bottom of the card. Your sentiment and bling are the perfect way to finish off the card.

Lynn said...

Well you are a lucky girl that you have these amazing vibrant colors to see everyday in real life! I love the gorgeous spectrum of blues Jen.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is just brilliant! Love the blue waves and the simple sentiment!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and fabulous! I absolutely love the waves! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Jen, you ROCKED this, wow!!! I love the scallops.. INCREDIBLE. The sentiment, perfection!

Bobby said...

You just love those cute sentiments. This one works perfectly with the "waves". Love it!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! Love the blues with the orange sentiment!

Sarah G said...

Your card is stunning! Love the way you have used the dies - the pop of orange is perfect too :)

Lindsey said...

The colours, the way you used the die cuts... just perfect. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Well this is just awesome, so fun and CLEVER!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Love your ombre die-cut waves, Jen! Fabulous creation!

Michelle said...

What a cool card, Jen! I love your layered blues and that blinged up pop of orange. :-)

Jessi Fogan said...

The pop of orange in that sentiment is PERFECT! I love it. Such precision with all the dies too. (Although I am giggling a little at the failed watercolour - did I teach you to craft or something? lol!)

LeAnne said...

LOVE this---how clever! Boy, those Lil'Inkers dies are something else! Very fun colors with lots of "movement" in the waves! Thanks so much for sharing this and playing with my PP "three spree" challenge!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love your waving card!!! You are a color queen! That orange sentiment really pops! May

lostinpaper said...

I'm glad your card finally sorted for you, this really is a perfect take on the inspiration and the sentiment... well, it was made for it!

Deepti said...

Love the blue waves :) awesome take on the cue card !

Anne Marie Hile said...

So cute! Love those beautiful blues! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Judy1223 said...

Jen, your waves are gorgeous...love the texture and movement, yet still perfectly CAS!

Monika Reeck said...

great idea with the texture and the ocean feel of your card...I love your clever idea wet is in ocean...you always have a clever idea...great card..I join the challenge WET too hope you like to see it on my Blog...hugs