Monday, April 21, 2014

Washi Wishes

***This is my second post for the day.  For my Colour Me post plea scroll down or 


Hi again!  My second card for the day is a two for one challenge card.  I used the palette from The Colour Throwdown and the theme of using washi tape on a CAS project from The Paper Players.  I did some simple paper piecing on the flower and used one of my go-to sentiments from Papertrey Ink. I love the Think Big Favourites collection!  I think they're my most used PTI stamps.  This washi tape is one of the first rolls I got and it's seen quite a bit of use.  Probably more than all my other was his put together! 


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Melon Mambo, Gumball Green, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower from Pretty Momma) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from Think Big Favourites #7) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Marker:  (Stampin' Write Melon Mambo) Stampin' Up
Gems:  Recollections
Washi Tape:  Crafty Basics

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant colour combo and the your card layout is uber funky Jen!

Ardyth said...

LOVE the grey with the pop of colour!

Bobby said...

Beautiful flower, great job of matching up the washi.

Lynn said...

Oh I love that washi tape...the bold stripes are fabulous Jen.

~amy~ said...

Hey, I have that same washi...THANK you for the awesome inspiration! I love the pop of color!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE how you did the layout! What a fab idea - and the washi forming an arrow in the corner? Genius :)

Diane Jaquay said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the washi border and the rose is lovely!

Lindsey said...

Classy and CAS! Beautiful. :)

Deepti said...

This is beautiful, love the perfect balance of colors on ur card :)

Nance Leedy said...

GORGEOUS, Jen! Love the frame you've made just pops on the grey--lovely! Thanks for joining in the washi fun at The Paper Players!

stampwithsandy said...

What a great layout, Jen! I love your washi border, too, and the bold bright pop of color. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness...that color combo threw me for a loop, but you nailed it! Gorgeous washi-fied creation! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!