Tuesday, May 13, 2014

CASology #95


Welcome to Week 95 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


This cue word immediately made me think of the Tom Hanks movie, "Splash", and I so wanted to use a mermaid on my card but the mojo and the mermaid did not get along at all so I finally had to abandon that idea.  :(  Instead I pulled out these Lawn Fawn stamps that had never seen ink and used some 6x6 Echo Park paper from the appropriately named "Splash" collection.  Simple paper piecing, 3 elements and a triangular layout makes for a clean and simple card!  Now it's your turn to splash!  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the DT and then get to work creating!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  (Splash 6x6) Echo Park
Stamps:  (Swimsuits from Swimsuit Season) Lawn Fawn, (Sentiment from We Go Together) Sweet Stamp Shop
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

I thought of the movie, too, but I couldn't find my mermaid stamp (this is why you should never get rid of things! lol!) Love your layout and the matching suits!

Meghan said...

Clean and simple perfection! Love that Lawn Fawn stamp set!

cm said...

What a fabulous take in the cue word! Love it!
c

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the 'suits'!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun take on the Cue Card, Jen...I love it!

Lynn said...

Beyond adorable Jen.

Lindsey said...

What a perfect "we go together" pairing! Great paper-piecing.

lostinpaper said...

I would have loved to see your little mermaid, but gotta say these bathers are pretty fun too!

~amy~ said...

super CUTE!

Deepti said...

This is sweet, u nailed the splash !!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness I think I need to see if that one is on Netflix, would love to see again! Fun card Jen!

Gillian R said...

ha ha, yea I thought of the movie too, but didn't have any stamps I could use, love love love you card though Jen

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Jen I want to use my mermaid stamp too but it looks too busy...not CAS also I change my mind..ooopss about your card I love the concept of the three and the images are totally adorable...great using the cue card dear Jen...love this..

If you maybe have time my card is #30 on the CASology challenge, would be glad if you as DT member would like to see it and could leave me some love too...big hugs, Monika from Muenchen-Germany.

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I love your idea...and your paper piecng is amazing! LOVE this fun card!

Joyce said...

This is just plain fun. Love it.

Melissa said...

Mojo is a funny thing, isn't it?! :) Love the direction it ended up taking you, though! So fun!!! :)