Saturday, May 10, 2014

Inspired Sympathy


Good morning, all!  I'll be up early on Saturdays from now on as I've taken on an extra shift at work.  Despite the fact it's a Saturday it's not so bad.  We see appointments in the morning but we don't do any surgeries (unless it's an emergency) so it's usually not too crazy.  Plus a few extra pennies to buy crafty goodies is never a bad thing!  :)  

My card today uses the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown challenge. I really like this combo and it reminded me of this card by Leigh.  I love the wavy lines she created and the sweet vellum over the top of it.  I didn't use any vellum in the end but my card was definitely inspired by Leigh's.  

Right, off to work now.  Have a lovely day!    


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Tickle My Fancy) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks:  (Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (In The Meadow) Papertrey Ink
Gems:  (Limeade, Swimming Pool, Blue Jeans) Doodlebug, (Clear) Recollections

17 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love, love, love! Perfect colours for this wavy, graphic design!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE it, Miss Lady!! :)

Lynn said...

Oh this design is fabulous. Love the movement created by all the curves Jen.

Deborah Frings said...

Love the bold, graphic lines and simple sentiment. Fab!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is absolutely awesome Jen!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Broni said...

Wow, Jen! I absolutely love this! These colors were definitely perfect for your waves!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

lostinpaper said...

Oh so awesome Jen, you have totally rocked these colours!

Deepti said...

This is a brilliant way to use the colors :) love the added gems.

Michelle said...

Jen, this card is so beautiful! Amazing and awesome and I could look at it forever!

Jacquie Southas said...

LOVE everything about this card - wavy lines, graphic design, fab colors!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!! What an awesome design with all the waves to create the graphic movement...love this!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

~amy~ said...

This is definitely WOW

Lindsey said...

Extra time at work, boo, but if it means more crafty stuff, then it's all good, I suppose. ;) This might not be exactly a typical sympathy card, but I think that's a good thing -- and a great-looking design!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, and so perfect for a sympathy card. Wow, wow wow!

Marlena M. said...

I love this, it's gorgeous Jen!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Jen! I'm so glad I could inspire you!