Friday, May 30, 2014

Luck, Peace & Happiness



I don't play along with the Runway Inspired Challenge very often.  I always plan to and I add the closing date to my challenge list and print out the photo to keep on my desk but then I freeze up.  I'm a little intimidated by the amazing design team and after looking at their cards it's like those are the only designs that will come into my head.  Once in a while though I get clobbered by an idea immediately.  The pattern on this skirt made me think of this Studio Calico paper and the dog (a chow, I think) sent me searching for my Ori Kami stamps.  This card came together really quickly after that which is so exciting!  I love when that happens!  Yay for cooperating mojo!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Smokey Slate, Brushed Gold)  Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Darling Dear 6x6) Studio Calico
Stamps:  (Bird and sentiment from Ori Kami) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  Recollections

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow Jen! This is fabulous! Your background paper is an amazing choice for this challenge.

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome card, Jen, LOVE the patterned paper on this combined with your focal panel!!

Shelly said...

Very cool card!

~amy~ said...

looks fabulous!

I'm patiently waiting for that set to arrive!

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE this card, Jen! That background paper is perfect and you used one of my favorite sets, Ori Kami!

Chrissy Larson said...

OMG! This is perfect! Love it!

lostinpaper said...

Great take on the inspiration Jen, love the Asian theme!

Gayatri said...

I love that pattern paper. Perfect for this challenge, Jen! Love your take on RIC. Thanks for playing along :)

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm so far behind in commenting that I'm popping in to make an appearance ;) I have absolutely LOVED everything from the last couple weeks - that sympathy card, omg. I'm going to need to shop Altenew methinks. This is another beauty - that background paper could not be more perfect!!

Julia Aston said...

A great inspired card Jen! love that plaid and the origami bird!

Lindsey said...

RIC is one of those challenges (of oh so many) I always mean to join, too. This was a perfect inspiration for you, obviously... what a cool-looking card!

Joyce said...

Such a fantastic card for this challenge. I also don't normally play this one, because I am rarely struck with inspiration from these photos--you hats off to you for making such a beautiful card.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

AWESOME-SAUCE!! Jen, this is just absolutely darling, and I totally see where you got your inspiration! Brilliant, I tell ya!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE!