Friday, May 16, 2014

Sending Prayers


Hello hello!  I'm popping in with a card using the Paper Players colour combo and the design from Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch?.  I tried inking up the back of an acrylic block, spritzing it with water and stamping it to create the square of yellow.  I don't think I used quite enough water but I kind of like the unevenness of the texture.  I stamped the butterfly on some paper that I'd spattered with Calypso Coral ink.  I'm hoping to get a little more brave with water and ink.  I signed up for the Watercolour for Cardmakers class although I've only watched 2 videos so far. I've made a couple of cards but am not thrilled with them so they will not be making an appearance any time soon! Hopefully over the weekend I'll have a stretch of time to watch more videos and really play around.  Will you have some crafty time this weekend?


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White watercolor) Mead, (Pear Pizzazz) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Flap Happy) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Calypso Coral, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Butterflies 3) Paper Smooches
Punch:  (Corner rounder) Marvy Uchida
Gems:  Recollections

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Hoping that Sunday is a big crafty day for me...lots going on today and tomorrow! I love the inked background. Gorgeous take on the sketch Jen.

Lisa Arana said...

Simply beautiful. Wonderful card my dear Jen. I love that texture you got from the watercolor technique. Thank you so much for playing along with wanna sketch!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Lovely card, Jen!!

Jessi Fogan said...

I'm loving the texture too!
I'm hoping for some crafty time today (had a bit this morning) since I've been hiding inside books all week :)

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, Love the inked BG

Ann Schach said...

Clean and beautiful, Jen! The watercolor technique makes the perfect background. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I really like the effect of the block-inked panel. The colours plus all the white space make for a serene card.
If the weather is anything similar to what's being forecast for the weekend, I'd say there is definitely more crafting time than gardening time in my weekend!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Simply stunning, Jen! Love how you used the colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Love the card Jen, great stamping technique and colours, love the clean design.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I love that water colored ink block you created, and it is the perfect backdrop for your butterfly.