Thursday, February 12, 2015

Drowning in Patterned Paper


Despite the fact that I primarily consider myself a CAS carmaker, I really love patterned paper.  A lot.  Especially those little 6x6 paper pads.  They're just so cute and perfect and square and sit so nicely on my shelf.  I flip through them and admire the patterns and then put them back and stamp a card.  But now I really have to get using those papers because I might have gone on a bit of a bender at the i {heart} papers closing sale…  I mean come on, they were 50% off!!  How's a gal supposed to resist that especially when I've been really good in the shopping department for the last few months.  I couldn't fight it and now my 6x6 shelf is double stacked. Oy vey!  So this card for the current RetroSketches challenge is my start at using that paper.  At this rate it may take me 20 years to use it all so if I have to lock myself away in the Craft Cave more often so be it.  I'll accept that lot in life!  :D


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Bermuda Bay, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Sweet & Sour Soup 6x6) Jillibean Soup
Stamps:  (Typewriter & sentiment from Just My Type) Lawn Fawn
Ink: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko

10 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Right there with you Jen. I've got dp to last you, me, and all my crafting buddies at least a full year! Can't. Resist. The. Papers... This is a great way to use them up! Such a sweet card, and a brilliant paper to use with this sweet typewriter! LOVE this! Well done!! Bev

lostinpaper said...

I'm with you GF, they are soo nice to look at and great for inspiration but when it comes to using them... because then I won't have them anymore, it's weird. Or i'll just use the tiniest bit lol. so glad to see you hard at work smashing your stash, can't wait to see the next one!

Bobby said...

That key paper is the perfect background for the typewriter, Jen. That's what I like about pattern paper if you buy the right ones. I'm just sad that I bought so much 12 x 12 before I knew better.

Shelly said...

Super cute card! Love the papers!

Lindsey said...

Oh, c'mon... look at how perfectly you use patterned papers! It'll take ten years max. :D Great card!

Judy1223 said...

Well, you certainly know how to use those patterned papers well...this card is AWESOME!

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card...and you dp is just perfect to go along with that sweet image.

Elise C. said...

Such a cute card, Jen! I think you did an awesome job using the patterned paper! :)

Brandi said...

Great card girl! Love how you are rocking the patterned paper. I miss seeing your creations. Hope to keep track now that I'm back blogging now after a baby hiatus!

Joyce said...

Such a fantastic way to showcase that pattern paper--and perfect choice to go with a typewriter. Did not know about that sale...must head over there right now. Loving the the retro feel.