Saturday, August 15, 2015

Thanks, Teacher


Hello there!  I'm popping in with a last minute card for the Paper Smooches Sparks Picture Perfect challenge.  I pulled out this apple from one of the first PS releases and paper pieced it with Studio Calico papers.  For the sentiment I tried to use the chalkboard technique to go along with the school theme.  It looks okay in real life but in the photo the chalky look isn't very clear.  I guess next time I need to smudge a bit more white ink on it.  I'm also going to enter this in the Addicted to CAS School challenge.  

  











Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (South of Market, Classic Calico) Studio Calico
Stamps:  (Apple from Falling for You, sentiment from Smarty Pants, speech bubble from He Said, She Said) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I LIKE this sweet card Jen, it's so darn cute!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO sweet!!!!!

Lynn said...

Oh this is too cute! Love the chalkboard and the sweet little gingham apple. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a sweet card, Jen. Hope you're having a great weekend, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Larissa Heskett said...

SQUEAL!! This is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Simple Design!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you Play along again this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Lisa Petrella said...

Super cute take on both of these challenges, Jen!!!

Lindsey said...

Yet another challenge I had intentions of entering, sigh. :D I love the gingham apple! Your chalkboard sentiment looks just fine to me. ;)

anja curvers said...

So sweet thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Bhavana said...

Such a sweet card :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS