Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Butterfly Birthday Wishes


Hello and Happy Bermuda Day!  
It's a public holiday here and the (unofficial) first day of the year for Bermudians to go swimming.  It's super humid so Luis and I will be heading down to the dock later on to cool off.  In the meantime I have a card for the Paper Players CAS butterfly challenge.  I used some embossing paste with an Altenew stencil for the background along with an Altenew sentiment and Papertrey Ink butterflies.  Nice and quick to put together but the paste and popped up butterfly add lots of dimension and texture.
That's it for now.  Time to fire up the BBQ for some lunch.  Have a lovely day!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Strawberry Slush, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Birthday greetings) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Dies:  (Butterflies) Papertrey Ink
Stencil:  (Sketched Lines) Altenew
Embossing Paste:  Dreamweaver Stencils
Gems:  Recollections

8 comments:

Crystal Komara said...

I have never worked with paste before, Jen, but I really like the simple added effect it has beneath the butterfly on this card. I also like all the white space popped against the colorful butterfly. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! Crystal, DT

I Card Everyone said...

Happy Bermuda Day!!! You know you're out of the loop when you think it means the first day of the year when you can wear Bermuda Shorts - who the heck even knows what those ARE??!!!
LOve your pretty pink flutter-by!
=]

lostinpaper said...

Oh summer how I miss thee..... mind you it's still sunny and warm here, just not as hot as I would like it lol. ps love your sweet card Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

CAS prettiness!

Anita in France said...

Happy Bermuda day for yesterday, Jen ... hope that dip was wonderful! Your card is gorgeous, texture-y, dimensional and so prettily CAS! been catching up on your creations over recent weeks ... and enjoying it all ... happy to be commenting at last! Hugs, Anita :)

Lynn said...

How many years has this butterfly die been out and I still wish I had it. I love it!

Lindsey said...

A middle-of-the week holiday is a fine idea. :) (Is it Queen Victoria-realated, as our long weekend holiday is?)
Love how your embossing paste pops against the grey cardstock. Pretty!

Karen B. said...

This is gorgeous! I adore the stamping behind the pretty butterfly.