Sunday, May 28, 2017

Ice Cream & Pedal Bikes


America's Cup fever is in full swing here as the races started yesterday in the Great Sound at the west end of the island.  I've never paid much attention to it in the past but I finally watched some races today and I'll admit they're pretty exciting.  It will be going on all month so I have a feeling that I'll be as into it as everyone else before long.

Between watching races I managed to get some crafty time in.  I've got a few cards to share over the next few days.  Today I'm starting with a card for the Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try.  I love these RC ice cream dies and they are just meant to be paired with bright and happy colours!  I used Nuvo Drops to add the dots around the sentiment and the detail on the ice cream.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Strawberry Slush, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Love & Ice Cream) Reverse Confetti
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Dies:  (Ice cream) Reverse Confetti
Other:  (Nuvo White Crystal Drops) Tonic



  
Next up is a card for the Colour Throwdown also using Reverse Confetti stamps.  I actually paper pieced the green onto the bike. Not sure what I was thinking as it was insanely fiddly but I like that it matches the rest of the green.  The bike is popped up on foam tape and I used Nuvo Drops here again.  
That's it for today.  Hope you all have a wonderful week!



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Gumball Green, Smokey Slate, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Rollin') Reverse Confetti
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Other:  (Nuvo Oyster Grey Crystal Drops) Tonic

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Well, both of these are fabulously perfect!

lostinpaper said...

Super fun cards Jen, you know that I love those bright cheery colours! have fun watching the cup!

Wanda Cullen said...

Both cards are wonderful! Especially love the bike design! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly delightful in every way!!

Karen B. said...

The ice cream card is my most favorite card of yours ever!

Lynn said...

Two adorable cards. Love those ice cream scoops and the sweet little bike!

Amy Rohl said...

OMG, your paper piecing is amazing!! LOVE both cards, but the bike is super adorable! Thanks for playing along with this week's CTD!

Anita in France said...

Such yummy ice cream colours (and flavours!), Jen ... so tempting! That little bike is fantastic ... so cool and crisp ... and awesome fiddly paper piecing! Hugs, Anita :)

donna mikasa said...

Love the pops of green on the bicycle and speech bubble!