Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dogs, Ornaments and Flowers


I am a sucker for pretty much any stamp set with dogs or cats in it so as soon as I saw them I knew I HAD to have these adorable Christmas pooches from MFT.  I've been coloring them all in today and then I made this card for the ornament challenge at Merry Monday.  This little guy couldn't be more perfect for it!  I actually made a second card with slightly darker colours.  I keep going back and forth on which I like best.  What do you think?



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Textured White) Bazzill, (Poppy Parade, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Dog & ornament from Happy Pawlidays) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Die:  (Joy) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (R17, R22, Y17, G05, G14) Copic



Next up is a card for two challenges - The Colour Throwdown and The Flower Challenge.  The Flower Challenge is celebrating their one year anniversary and wants us to use our favourite flower.  I have an awful lot of flower stamps and there are a few that I turn to more than others including this Altenew bloom.  It's popped up on my blog a lot and I especially love it embossed in white on black cardstock.  Here I paired it with some old Basic Grey paper and some PTI flowers.  It came together quite quickly so I made some more in different colours.





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Kioshi 12x12) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Flower from Hennah Elements) Altenew, (Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Leaves) Papertrey Ink, (Stitched rectangle) Mama Elephant
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the adorable little dog cards and your floral set is a beauty!

Lisa Elton said...

That is a cute little pup! I think I like the second deeper shade of red the best. Your floral cards are lovely. Nice variety of colors!

Colleen said...

Can't pick a favorite pup..they are both adorable! Thank you for playing along at Merry Monday!

lostinpaper said...

Super fab my friend, what a great idea to make a set of cards with the same design!

Unknown said...

Jen what an adorable card love the pups playing with the ornaments great take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday.

Viv said...

So many beautiful cards here Jen! love the cute puppy and all the amazing flower cards too. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Bobby said...

Both of your pup cards are great, Jen, and those big bold blooms are fantastic on any color.

Wanda Cullen said...

Great floral design using the throwdown colors! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards! Love the white embossed on black and distressed background! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Aileen said...

Jen a beautiful collection of cards, I too love this flower, one of my many favourites. Love the simplicity of the design. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Anita in France said...

Lovely blooms set, Jen ... and adorable pups ... I'm leaning towards the first one as my favourite ... love that bright, vibrant red! Hugs, Anita :)

Lindsey said...

Love the puppy! :D And your gorgeous set of thank you cards.

Claire Grantham said...

Love the flower cards, so beautiful and simple too (unless you are telling Porkies!!) I love it when you get to make a bunch of cards out of one idea. Cx